Happy Birthday, Moses!

Moses had the good luck to have a string of birthdays this year. On Saturday he had grandmas and grandpas come up for dinner, cake and ice skating. On Monday we celebrated his birthday as a family, and on Tuesday Woo took him up snowboarding and to lunch for his Daddy Day/Birthday.

I could never get Moses to tell me what he wanted to eat for his birthday except blueberry cake or cinnamon rolls. So we had pound cake with blueberry sauce after dinner with grandmas and grandpas and cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs for dinner on Monday.

It seems like Moses has been 2 years old for a long, long time.
Woo: Moses, I remember you as a baby, and then as a 2 year old for the last 6 years. There's nothing in-between. 
It really does seem like he's been with us for much more than 3 years.

Yesterday during scripture time we were trying to explain to Ruby and Herbie what peace is.
"It's when kids are playing quietly." 
"When no one is arguing. Everyone is getting along." 
"No one is fighting." 
"Everyone feels good." 
And Moses blurted out, "Oh! This is it!"
We all turned to look at him.
"You think we're having peace now, Moses?" 
Overheard in the next room:
Ruby: Moses! You just stepped on my foot, and it hurt me a lot! You need to give me a hug and kiss! 
Moses: *smack* 
Ruby: You forgot one thing! You forgot the most important thing! 
Moses: Sorry. 
Ruby: Thank you! 
*little feet pattering away*

I told Ruby that if she could lace up and tie her ice skates herself, she and Herbie could go to the rink by themselves. She sat on the rug and after about 20 minutes of some frustration had it. She took the skates off. Herbie carried them for her, and they took off, feeling very grown up.

I looked out the window twice. The first time, Ruby was seated on the bench working on her skates, Herbie was running around, and there was one older kid.

The next time, Ruby had given up, and they were all running around.

Soon after, Ruby and Herbie burst into the house full of stories of the big kid, at one point saying something about him throwing a knife at them. WHAT!?! That immediately got my attention, until I saw the plastic knife of ours in Herbie's pocket, and they explained he was just returning it after Herbie dropped it. Whew!

Herbie struggles with jealousy. Someone else's birthday is almost certainly a tough day for him. He did pretty well this year with Moses', no tantrums or hitting, at least, but I could tell he still was bothered by it.

On Saturday after everyone had left, he sat on the couch with a frown and his eyebrows furrowed together. I took him on my lap, and made a few inquiries, where he admitted that he wished it had been his birthday. On Monday he had a hard time leaving Moses' new fire truck alone.

Herbie's primary teacher told him that he needs to read the scriptures every morning by himself, so this morning before breakfast he got his scriptures and picked out words that he recognizes. Mostly just a few sight words and "Moses" and "Jesus." 

Linus got that I've-just-been-weaned-so-now-I'm-going-to-get-sick illness this weekend. He started out kind of cranky on Thursday, a fever and pink eye in one eye Friday, and both eyes yesterday and today. He just sits in one place on the floor with a miserable look on his face. On one hand it's sad, and yet it's also so cute.

I like how he likes to just sit in my lap or lean his head on my shoulder, and he'll almost, almost just fall asleep in my lap. Last night I also had a dream that I think I've had with each of the kids where he had a disfiguring, seeping rash on his face. I know it wasn't real, but it woke me up a few times last night.

Ruby and Herbie got a fever today. They're pretty miserable and listless. I hope it's over soon!

Apple contacted Woo last week and scheduled a phone call. He was very, very nervous, imagining it had to do with the U-- thing or worse. He couldn't concentrate on anything for a couple of hours before, and we all said prayers for him. He emerged from the call relieved and embarrassed.

After he'd spilled his guts and rambled on about every possible complaint they could have with his app, they told him they were looking at featuring his app, and to keep them posted on any new updates he had coming out.

And the update... is still in development. Even though Woo's working on it a lot, and getting erratic amounts of sleep, he doesn't feel like he's making much progress on it. We all hope it makes some soon, he's gets pretty stressed out while working on updates.

The electricians came this week, and we're now just waiting for the carpet to move the kids into their rooms and Woo into his office! They're scheduled to come a week from tomorrow. I really need to get the new trim painted before then, and I've finished all the trim upstairs. I just have Woo's office to do in a week.

I also painted two walls in one of the kids' room just for kicks last night. Painting with color is so much more fun!

I've also been enjoying quite a bit of chocolate now that I can. I think I've just about reached saturation, and can eat it at normal levels again. I've already gained 30 lbs this pregnancy, and I frankly just don't care. Controlling my weight has always been more trouble than it's worth for me while pregnant, and I gave up dreams of being a cute, slim pregnant woman long ago.

Anyway, hope everyone had a good week! Talk to you later!