Holiday Recovery

Herbie finally got to start Primary today. We had a bit of a scare that our branch would wait until next week for the change, but they changed their minds at the last minute.

Herbie picked out his favorite sweater vest and new "jeanies" the night before.

little boys instagram

I think that overall he had a good experience, but he did regretfully tell me that he didn't get to say a prayer or give a talk. Maybe I'll have to talk to the primary president about that... I doubt he's the first on their list.

Moses has learned how to climb to the top bunk. He's quite pleased with himself, and likes to go up there with Ruby and have her read him a story. He can't climb down yet, but he likes it so much that he never calls out for help. We just usually go save him when we figure out we haven't seen or heard from him in awhile.

little boy tweed suit coat instagram

The midwives decided to have pre-natals at our house since we live between the two of them. Within the first 30 seconds of their arrival, Ruby had told them that Herbie was starting Primary the next day at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, that she was almost 6, that she'd be baptized when she was 8, that she'd gotten a police costume for her birthday, and that we were going to eat at a restaurant as soon as they left.

It's a good thing we don't have any dark, dark secrets to hide from the world, because they wouldn't last long.

little boy girl instagram

I'm happy with my midwives. I think that I may have finally gotten through to someone that you can't judge my labor based on my distress level, dilation, rate of contractions, etc. I'm looking forward to being believed before I'm actually pushing the baby out.

I never really measured my girth with the other kids, but my belly seems to be out there more than it ever has before. I've had several people think that I was due the next week, when really I had 8-10 weeks left. I'd love to have twins, but sadly, it seems that I'm just gigantic for nothing (or a gigantic baby?).

I once again attempted to make Woo his traditional seafood for New Years. It's a bit hard, since I've never eaten the stuff, and refuse to taste it. I have no idea how it's supposed to turn out.

Buying it was an adventure. The kids and I walked down to the asian seafood market down the street. The store has tiny aisles, and was very crowded. It took us quite a bit of time to maneuver a double stroller and large pregnant woman to the back corner with the fish tanks. I wasn't a big fan of watching them pull stuff out, and then club it until it stopped moving.

Fortunately, Woo didn't want anything nearly that fresh.

Unfortunately, it was all in another corner of the store.

Even though I won't eat it myself, we made all the kids try some (Ah, it's great being the mom :) All kids ate scallops without complaint. Only Ruby would eat shrimp.